Last Revised: 20 June 2022
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Platform, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Platform, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Platform, and information about how you interact with the Platform. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Platform, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Here are the other ways Personal information is collected:
- Communications with us. - When you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for customer support, we may receive your name, email address, the content of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Transaction-related information. - When you purchase something on the Website or the Jot app, you may be asked to provide us with your information such as your name, phone number, and address. Your payment-related information, such as credit card, or other financial information, is collected by our third party payment processors on our behalf.
- Service-related information. - When you use our Services, you can choose to provide certain Personal Information, including your contact information, social media links, and location.
- Ambassador information. - When you apply to become a Jot Ambassador in our affiliate program, you may provide us with additional information about you such as your name, email address, pictures of you, social media links, phone number, postal address and other information you choose to provide.
- Product reviews. - When you reply to our request to review and rate your experience with our Services, you may provide us with additional information about you. The information we collect from you varies depending on the review but typically includes your name, the Service you used, and your opinion about the Service.Location information. - When you use our Services, we may infer your general location information, for example, when you share your map location on our Jot app.
- Device information. - We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, and operating system version.
- Usage information. - To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. - We and third party partners collect Personal Information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. We may use both session cookies (which are deleted from your device after you leave the Website) and persistent cookies (which remain on your device for longer or until you delete them manually). A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
- Personal Information We Receive from Third Parties. Information from third party services. We obtain Personal Information from third parties, such as Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, when you click on third party buttons or beacons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons, or YouTube video) on our Website. If you choose to link our Services to a third party account, such as Google, Instagram, or Facebook, we may receive information about you, including your profile information and your photo. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third party accounts to learn about your options. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through our Services, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you. We may use your email address or other Personal Information we collect on our Services as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes such as to provide services and information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support.
- Providing the Services and personalizing your experience. We may use your Personal Information to provide and maintain our Services, including to facilitate transactions and payments or to enable you to connect to third party services or applications. When doing so, we may use your Personal Information to personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations.
- Understanding usage and improving the Services. We use your Personal Information that we collect through our Services to analyze trends and statistics, and to improve and enhance our Services.
- From time to time, we may ask you to participate in surveys we conduct which are in our legitimate interest because they help us understand our user base and improve our Services. If you participate, we process your registration information and any other information collected through the survey questions.
- We may use your email address and other Personal Information to send marketing communications related to our Services. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under Your Rights and Choices. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
- We may use your usage information and other Personal Information to develop and provide you with promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Legal obligation and Compliance. We use your Personal Information to find and prevent fraud, respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, and for compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- Other Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
We may also use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To manage Your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We will not sell, rent, release, disclose, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer's personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Platform), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including when:
- Contractual necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
Sharing Preferences.For Ambassadors, certain information such as your user name may always be publicly available to others, and other information may be made publicly available to others by default. You can revise, modify, or delete your account information.
Marketing Communications.You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the additional rights described below.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdraw your consent.
- You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Before meeting your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Our Services are hosted in Singapore and are intended for visitors located within Singapore. If you choose to use our Services from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Singapore law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to Singapore for storage and processing, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. When we transfer your Personal Information to Singapore, we take steps to comply with applicable data protection law, in particular legal requirements regarding adequate protection for data transfers. Also, we may transfer your data from Singapore. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services.
Our Services may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to your activities on these third party services or any information you disclose to these third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before providing any information to them.
We take measures designed to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We make reasonable efforts designed to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
MINOR & CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information in violation of this Policy, then you may alert us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
143 Pandan Loop, #02-00, Singapore 128454, Singapore